Saturday, 17 January 2015

Thank You

The 2015 Dakar Rally is over and I would like to thank all those who supported me.

Gaz at Adventure Bike Warehouse for the Klim helmet - Amazing lid that kept me cool and was light and comfortable.

Torque Racing, John at Rally-Raid Products, and Memo Tours for the service at Dakar - Martin and John did a top of job of looking after the bike and Bennie and his truck was well organised and offered 1st class service.

All my Dakar team mates. Fantastic bunch of guys.

Donna and Martin at Torque Racing for the support, help with the bike build, rally knowledge, and sourcing parts.

Bennie at Memo Tours for the creation of the rear fuel tank system for my rally bike. The tank worked flawlessly.

Rally-Raid Products for the navigation gear and custom plates.

John for lending me money after I had lost my wallet in Argentina

Midwest Racing all their hard work setting up the suspension, their racing knowledge, and helping me out with the bike and spares package.

James West and all at Moto1 for the dune training in Dubai - James and Sam's tuition was fantastic and turned me from a very nervous sand rider into a competent one. I used to fear the dunes but thanks to their help I really was very comfortable in the sand at Dakar.

MD Restorations for the bash plate and the generous donation to Jacobs cause.

First Response for the much needed sponsorship money at the end of the year and their support.

Gündüz for the rally fairing and helping out with the nav tower.

Huge thanks to my good friend Andy Gayle for stripping his own race bike for me so I could have a spare engine. Amazing generosity.

Phil for the loan of the GPS mount and cap repeater.

Michael Guy and all at MCN for the Dakar coverage.

Melanie Jones for the write up in the Mail On Sunday.

John, Phil and Rich for taking me to the hospital when I broke my wrist last year, their support, and updating my Twitter feed while I was away.

The Children's Hospice South West for their amazing support.

Okehampton Cycles in Devon for helping me with my training.

Bugs and Tracy for joining me on my 1,000 mile cycle ride last year as part of my training.

Everyone at the ATRC for believing in me and getting me into the sport.

My family for putting up with this - The journey to Dakar puts incredible strain on family life - I love you all.

Mel's Mum and Dad for collecting me from the airport for 3 years and feeding me.

All my friends both at home and in the rally world.

And finally to all those who wrote, tweeted, supported, followed, bought t-shirts, and believed in me. Thank you so much

The Dakar is unfinished business and I will be trying to find the funds to return in 2016. Visit: www.gotrailriding.co.uk for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment